Independent Linguistic Quality Assessment to ensure your multilingual content meets your business’ needs
As your business grows, so does your published content and the number of stakeholders involved in the localization process. Controlling the quality of your global localization program can become a time-consuming challenge. To ensure your multilingual content continues to meet your business’ quality needs and expectations, we recommend assessing and validating its current state using an independent language auditor.
Argos Multilingual’s Independent Linguistic Quality Assessment service is designed to do exactly that. This service provides an unbiased review, quality assessment and benchmarking of your translated content. The content reviewed can be a project, samples of projects or extracts from Translation Memory. By understanding your multilingual content’s existing quality level, we can identify any gaps and help your suppliers develop a quality plan to improve the current translation process and drive quality at the front-end.
What Are The Benefits?
- A global quality benchmark is established as well as a framework for measuring and maintaining quality.
- The quality performance of your current translation supplier or suppliers (if working in a multivendor environment) is assessed independently and objectively.
- Suppliers can be compared to one another or over time with validation and quality scores allowing you to track quality performance.
- Quality improvement plans can be developed and implemented after further assessments.
- Consistent messaging, style and terminology is achieved which results in higher quality linguistic assets.
How Does It Work?
This service is managed by experienced Project Managers and performed by professional and certified Subject Matter Expert linguists that specialize in your area of expertise and languages.
The first part of this service involves our team conducting a current state analysis on your content. The purpose of the analysis is to understand what your current translation process and environment looks like and the quality metrics and management that are being currently utilized by your organization. With an established quality criteria and a Pass/Fail threshold that meets your expectations, we are then able to measure quality and compare quality across languages, translation suppliers and over time.
Contact us today for more information!
Want to know more?
- Blog Post: Independent Linguistic Quality Assessment