Medical Device Translations – Project Brief:
Our client manufactures hospital monitors that are connected by central docking stations. They needed localization services for their user interface and medical translations for their quick reference guides, data sheets, marketing materials, and operations manuals.
Over 25,000 words needed to be translated into 11 languages in less than a month, as the content was needed for an upcoming marketing campaign and product launch.
We assigned a team of translators, reviewers, QA specialists, and in-house reviewers. Because portions of the project required localization and DTP services, we also dedicated the appropriate resources for these tasks – our DTP department alone spent 15 hours per language to complete the DTP work across all of the project’s operations manuals.
The client chose us in part because of our flexible and adaptive workflows, which in this case included the following steps:
- Software translation using device simulation software and screenshots for reference
- Loading the translated software into devices
- Translating the operations manual with localized simulation software and new screen shots
- Localizing data sheets and quick reference guides
- Translating the product launch presentation for the client’s marketing department
Previously translated and unchanged content was leveraged against an existing version of the manual to lower the client’s project costs by 40%, and by attaching a skilled team to complete this assignment and adhering to the client’s demands and deadline, we managed to deliver the project on time. The client was pleased and thanked us for quick delivery and a smooth project flow.
1. Client industry: Medical devices
2. Type of product: Software interface, marketing materials, operation manuals
3. Type of project: Translation, review, QA, localization, and DTP
4. Languages involved: French, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Portuguese, Dutch, Greek, Hungarian, Turkish, Czech
5. Amount of work: 25,000 words
6. Time frame: 1 month.