Financial Software Localization – Project Brief:
Argos Multilingual was contacted by a banking software development company to help localize their flagship IT solution from French into English. The client needed software localization services in order to expand the program’s user-base and make the product more competitive in a foreign market.
To ensure that upon completion the financial software was fully functional in its target language, our client required translation work with review and quality assurance checks, along with software engineering that consisted of creating a specific localization tool. Each of these objectives were carried out by our localization team along with two translators, one reviewer and one QA specialist, all of whom managed to complete the +68K word assignment in less than 45 working days.
In an effort to cut unnecessary costs and pass the savings back to the client, Argos used Translation Memory tools on this project. Translation Memory tools helped to reduce the final project price by 14%, leaving our client with a surplus budget available for other endeavors.
Upon completion, the client was very satisfied with the project’s translation quality and Argos’ services and commissioned Argos to further localize their financial application into German, Italian and Spanish.
1. Client’s Industry: Banking & Finance Software Development
2. Type of Product: Software Application
3. Type of Project: Translation/localization with review and QA, plus software engineering
4. Languages Involved: French into English
5. Amount of Work:
- Translation, review, QA totaled 68 320 new words, 26 544 repetitions
- Proofreading and QA totaled 118 hours
- Software engineering totaled 96 hours
6. Time Frame: 45 working days