CAD Application Translation – Project Brief:
Multiple software design companies regularly contact Argos requesting high-quality software translations and localization services for their applications. One of Argos’ clients commissioned us to complete CAD application translation and software localization for an infrastructure life cycle. The project consisted not only of software translation, but also included software engineering, resizing, compilation and build testing along with content translation into Polish.
Because the scope of this project exceeded 60,000 words (excluding Translation Memory savings across 22,000 words that had 100% matches in Trados) and revolved around content related to user interface and online help with an 8 week deadline, Argos needed to dedicate a specialized team to handle such an assignment. Hence, Argos assigned a team comprised of 7 translators, localization engineers and a project manager overlooking all work and ensuring all batches were handled properly.
The actual translation process followed an adapted Argos workflow consisting of 5 stages:
- Terminology extraction and approval
- Product translation, dialogs resizing, processing for client review
- Client product review
- Final product build approval, with the use of Translation Memory tools on over 28% of the project resulting in respective savings that the client accumulated thanks to TM databases. Upon completion, the translation and resizing output was reviewed by the client.
Argos completed the intricate software translation project abiding to our client’s strict guidelines and meeting the assigned deadline leaving our client extremely pleased with the final result.
- Client’s Industry: Software Design and Engineering
- Type of Product: CAD application
- Type of Project: Software Localization, Software translation, review and testing
- Languages involved: English into Polish
- Amount of work: 60,000 words
- Time Frame: 8 weeks