Our Desktop Publishing (DTP) specialists are ready to create and optimize your online and print documents for publication. As part of our DTP services, we will work with you to create templates and layouts that capture your brand’s image and values while making sure they meet the needs of your clients wherever they are. Our Desktop Publishing experts will also work closely with you to improve the quality of your files, by providing customized DTP Best Practices, saving you money to invest elsewhere.
If you need to translate a PDF, a booklet, a manual or any other type of document with images or a set layout, then you will need to use our DTP Services. Argos' professional desktop publishing services adapt your content and images to a set document-standard preserving your message across all markets.
Our DTP team is made up of highly qualified and skilled DTP specialists and graphic designers. They work off the latest software and applications necessary to prepare any project of any size, in every language, in any format and on any platform, in the time you need it by.
Our DTP services include:
- Post–DTP QA checks (content check)
- Working with markup languages such as HTML, SGML, XML as well as online documentation formats such as Acrobat PDF and various others
- Font management applications
- Knowledge of various printer drivers and professional PostScript printers
- Formatting and page layout
- Creating and editing graphics and screen shots (generic graphics, screen captures, illustrations and diagrams)
- Converting/generating output of translated material in multiple formats (creating PostScript files and PDF files)
We can handle everything from DTP for documentation, to graphics localization of software and multimedia projects.
DTP Quality Assurance
Looking for ways to reduce your project turnaround times, production costs and the overall list of aspects to worry about when completing a multilingual documentation project? Then consider letting us make your life that much easier by supporting your multilingual document management. Before you translate or publish your next set of documents, let us check what needs to be corrected including:
- Keeping inter-punctuation and layout across all language versions consistent
- Finding and correcting all corrupted fonts
- Layering all of your requested revisions
- Correcting all unauthorized departures from your source files
- Notifying you of all irregularities in the translated content and all occurring errors
Our template services cover layout design, layout adjustment and file conversion. We help our clients develop document templates, which while being consistent in their layout are made to be easily adaptable to new languages. With such an individualized template, you will be able to use the same document preserving its look & feel, its message and your brand identity no matter the target language.
If you already have a source language template or have very specific formatting needs, we will be able to adapt the layout, or edit your existing template to better support your style and typesetting requirements when creating different language versions of your documents.
As part of our desktop publishing services we also offer typesetting, which is common when translating content into new languages which demand the use of fonts appropriate and fitting with foreign alphabets.
During translation texts expand and specific fonts do not always share the universal characteristics, qualities and features that make them suitable for foreign languages. For that reason, typesetting services are used to ensure that the visual representation of your content and use of fonts is correct across multiple languages. Let your documents in German be just as effective as they are in Chinese.
For each project WE utilize various tools designed to improve the quality of the assignments we handle. For DTP purposes, we use tools that include:
- Layout design applications (DTP): QuarkXPress, FrameMaker, PageMaker, WordPerfect, Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro
- Compatibility with Translation software: Trados, SDLX, Transit, DejaVu
- Compatibility with Localization software: Catalyst, Passolo, SDL Insight
- Web design support: HTML, Web Editors, and Web QA tools
All of the above mentioned software is updated regularly, enabling Argos Multilingual to complete all types of assignments regardless of complexity involved.
Platforms and Software
Argos Multilingual DTP experts have extensive experience working on both Windows and Mac operating systems. Listed below are programs that our desktop publishing specialists use daily over each platform.
Note: Argos' DTP department also possesses extensive expertise in using the powerful suite of all new Microsoft Office applications (incl. Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio).
Microsoft Windows (all current and past versions):
Mac OS (all current and past versions):
Argos Multilingual's DTP specialists can deal with any graphic format including: .gif .jpg, .ai, .eps, .bmp, .tif, .shg, .wmf and others.
Argos DTP Toolkit:
Argos also developed a suite of its own DTP tools, which are specifically tailored to optimize translation processes during DTP.
- aiPILOT™ - an automatic text import/export application for Adobe Illustrator
- fontMANAGER™ - quickly replaces fonts’ faces in paragraph definitions between source and target files in FrameMaker files
- imgASSISTANT™ - checks graphics provided by client vs. used in project, creating a list of missing elements in FrameMaker
- CADepillar™ - automatically exports/imports texts from/in CAD files enabling delivery in CAD format
Want to know more?
Webcast: Desktop Publishing - prepare your content and cut translation costs
Case Study: DTP for Technical Manuals
Project Sample: Medical Device DTP and Translation