Content Management Systems (CMS) are used by companies worldwide to collect, store and organize their content in a central location for reuse across different sources. A professional CMS will let your company:
- simultaneously share, update and revise stored data
- control and manage your content by setting up specific accounts and roles (you can determine which user will have access to view, edit or publish your content)
- store your content in a central location for easy access by all users
- export easily across all document formats
- reduce repetitive or duplicate input of the same content
- enhance and accelerate document writing and preparation tasks
Due to their centralized content structure, Content Management Systems are especially powerful tools when used in line with translation services. The content extracted from the CMS is repeated across multiple documents while the source is 'singular' and easy to translate. However, by being repeated in multiple documents, you do not incur added translation costs as the content is simply reused rather than translated again.
Argos offers clients our own online CMS powered by Author-IT. Argos CMS is a full content management suite with unique features that include:
- Authoring and content reuse
- Content importing
- Component content management
- Translation and localization
- Real-time collaborative reviewing
- Project management
- Multi-channel publishing
- Security and administration
- Argos TMS connectivity
Most importantly, companies looking to automate their translation processes and increase translation turnaround when adapting texts into multiple languages, can reduce costs by connecting their Argos CMS' to Argos TMS for auto-translations. Argos CMS can automatically inform Argos TMS of any new or revised content, making it ready for auto-translation. Argos TMS can then use its internal leveraging capabilities to automatically pre-translate all new batches of text updated in your CMS, at no additional cost to you.
Using Argos CMS in conjunction with Argos TMS helps our clients reduce their overall translation costs by over 25% while improving their content's consistency through centralizing all data and eliminating repetitive work.